We want to create something special
We do not limit ourselves to certain industries — we are looking for any interesting product, idea, untapped potential, and especially enthusiastic teams with a vision. We want our investments to have a lasting benefit to the future.
We are not afraid of distressed assets
On the contrary, actually. We are specialists in distressed assets, i.e. business which may be burdened with legal disputes; those failing to adapt to legislative or geopolitical changes; or those with internal conflicts between owners. We believe all problems have a solution, and we are interested in any project where we see potential.
We supply more than just money
Money will never be enough. We also supply experience, knowledge, and expertise to our projects. We tend to focus on medium-sized companies that are either in a phase of growth or in a time of crisis. Occasionally, we will help extremely interesting projects who are still in their early phases.
We focus on two main areas
Step by step
In 2002, Tomas Raska founded a company specializing in mergers and acquisitions. After some time, his previous M&A clients became co-investors in his new investment boutique. Over time, Natland positioned itself as simply an investor in the medium-sized business segment, and is 2010 the consulting part of the business was sold off to management.
As of 2014, the group expanded from primarily focusing on distressed assets to also investing in real estate. Natland purchased a stake in M & K Real Estate (now: Natland Real Estate), which currently runs the group’s residential development projects. Its founders, Karel Tyc and Jana Seckarova, were made shareholding partners of Natland. Eventually David Manych, previously the group’s CFO, would be added as the fourth partner.
Natland's Anygence Group merged with the startup Aiolite, thus creating a biomedical group Inferity.
Natland launched the sale of a third tranche of bonds in a latest programme permitted and regulated by the Czech National Bank.
The transformation of SCF Servis Comp. was finished successfully and the company was taken over its incumbent minority shareholder through a management buy-out.
Natland Group and PSJ Holding signed a Settlement Agreement.
Natland's Company New became the new owner of online fashion retailer ZOOT which emerged successfully from insolvency and fulfilled the Reorganisation Plan.
- Czech National Bank allowed Natland Residential Investment Fund (NRIF) to issue 5-year bonds, set at a fixed rate of 5.47% p.a. and raising a total of CZK 450 mil. (€16.6 mil.)
- Acquisition of more than a 99% stake of Energo Příbram
- Acquisition of more than a 98.5% stake in SCF Servis
- Sale of 100% ownership stake in Colpirio to the company Propirol
- AZ Tower in Brno — the tallest Czech building — added to Natland’s portfolio
- Completion of sale of Bratislavan electricity and heat producer to French company Veolia
- EC Financial Services acquires JET Money, s.r.o.
- Sale of stake of Jan Paukert delicatessen, including long-term trademark rights
- NATLAND GROUP rebranded as Natland
- Sale of AVANT via management buy-out
- Sale of Clever Maps
Mind Forge Group technology hub fully consolidated
Sale of stake in Karlovy Vary golf resort to a strategic investor
David Manych added as the newest partner of the group
ECFS receives license from Czech National Bank and Klika-BP passed an inspection from the National Security Authority
Acquisition of CleverFarm, s.r.o. and CleverMaps, s.r.o.
Formation of the technological hub Mind Forge Group
Corporate structure of NATLAND GROUP SE transferred to Prague
For the first time, Natland’s own capital exceeds CZK 1 billion (€37 mil.)
Acquired a majority stake in KLIKA-BP, a.s.
Acquisition of a 50% stake of BELLO, s.r.o.
Start of consolidation of golf activities through the British company EUROPE GOLF INVESTMENTS LTD
Entrance into GAUSS Algorithmic as a seed investment
Natland relocated back to the Czech Republic
Changes made to company’s shareholder structure, with Jan Katatko departing and Karel Týc joining as a partner responsible for real estate
Acquisition of the ORION 001 real estate fund, a closed investment fund focusing on housing construction in the residential part of Prague 6
Acquisition of Prague City Golf, the operator of a golf resort in Prague
Sale of PROMINECON CZ (the construction arm of the previously named PROMINECON GROUP) by management buy-out.
Exit from Taiko via sale of stake to the majority shareholder
Sale of stake in Prazske Sluzby to NORTHWARD HOLDINGS LIMITED
Sale of stake in EDEN SPORT INVESTMENTS LIMITED to company KINGWATER HOLDINGS LIMITED
Acquisition of EC Financial Services, non-bank lender
Acquisition of stake in the investment company AVANT Fund Management
Acquisition, restructuring, and recapitalization of the SK Slavia Praha football club
Exit from Energy 21 by sale to Mid Europa Partners investment fund
Acquisition of a majority stake in EDEN SPORT INVESTMENTS LIMITED, an umbrella group of companies centered around the multifunctional complex in Prague’s Eden
Investment into a minority stake in the Prazske Sluzby company
Takeover and restructuring of PROMINECON GROUP, a construction and development company
Exit from the consulting company APOGEO a SMART Office & Companies via management buy-out
- Became a minority shareholder in Taiko as a part of its restructuring
- Started a joint venture with the Vietnamese telecom operator VNPT Global Communication
- Sold BGS LEVI to eD system, a Czech distribution company
- Rescued and acquired the first league basketball club BK Pardubice
- Acquired a minority stake in Lumen Energy, an alternative distributor of electricity and gas
- Began cooperation with Energy 21 — a builder of photovoltaic power plants
- Became a minority shareholder in the company formed from the merger of LEVI International and BGS — Distribution
- As the financial partner to M & K Development, preparations for the construction of the residential complex Cakovicky Park began.
- Natland gradually became more active in co-investing in small businesses, while also co-financing development projects.
- Established the consulting group APOGEO/SMART Office & Companies
- Group founded by Tomáš Raška and Jan Koťátko — originally as an M&A transaction boutique